John W. Mintmire
B.S., Physics, University of Florida (1976)
Ph.D., Physics, University of Florida (1980)
Office phone: 405-744-5811
Lab phone: 405-744-2825
Office Fax: 405-744-6811
Computational Materials Physics
Computational Materials Physics combines physics, computer science, and applied
mathematics to provide scientific solutions to realistic and often complex problems
Our strategy is to develop and apply state-of-the-art theoretical and computational
methods in conjunction with the best available computing resources to attack
challenging problems involving novel nanostructured materials such as carbon
nanotubes, inorganic nanowires, etc.
- “Edges Bring New Dimension to Graphene Nanoribbons”, D. Gunlycke, J. W. Li, J. W. Mintmire, and C. T. White, Nano Lett. 10, 3638-3643 (2010).
- “Electronic Transport of Silicon Nanowires with Surface Defects” J. W. Li, T. Jayasekera, V. Meunier, and J. W. Mintmire, Int. J. Quantum Chem. 109, 3705-3710 (2009).
- “Graphene Nanostrip Digital Memory Device”, D. Gunlycke, D. A. Areshkin, J. W. Li, J. W. Mintmire, and C. T. White, Nano Lett. 7, 3608-3611 (2007). [DOI: 10.1021/nl0717917]
- “Transport in Multiterminal Graphene Nanodevices”, T. Jayasekera and J. W. Mintmire, Nanotechnology 18, 424033 (2007). [DOI: 10.1088/0957-4484/18/42/424033]
- “Hidden One-Electron Interactions in Carbon Nanotubes Revealed in Graphene Nanostrips”, C. T. White, J. W. Li, D. Gunlycke, and J. W. Mintmire, Nano Lett. 7, 825 (2007). [DOI: 10.1021/nl0627745]
- “First-Principles Study of the Optical Properties of ZnO Single-Wall Nanotubes”, S. L. Elizondo and J. W. Mintmire, J. Phys. Chem. C 111, 17821-17826 (2007). [DOI: 10.1021/jp071319+]
- “Fundamental Properties of Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes," C. T. White and J.W. Mintmire, J. Phys. Chem. B 109, 52-65 (2005).
- “Metallic and Semiconducting Narrow Carbon Nanotubes," I. Cabria, J.W. Mintmire, and C.T. White, Phys. Rev. B 67, R121406 (2003).
- “Universal Density of States for Carbon Nanotubes," J. W. Mintmire and C. T. White, Phys. Rev. Lett. 81, 2506 (1998).
- “Density of States Reflects Diameter in Nanotubes," C. T. White and J. W. Mintmire, Nature 394, 29 (1998).
- “Electrostatic Potentials for Metal Oxide Surfaces and Interfaces," F. H. Streitz and J.W. Mintmire, Phys. Rev. B 50 , 11996 (1994).
- “Are Fullerene Tubules Metallic?" J. W. Mintmire, B. I. Dunlap, and C. T. White, Phys. Rev. Lett. 68, 631 (1992).
Web page updated on
August 12, 2016
by J. W. Mintmire
Department of Physics
Oklahoma State University